PASTE MODERNISM 4 will be held at aMBUSH Gallery in SYDNEY AUSTRALIA www.ambushgallery.com - OPENING FRIDAY NOV 27th, 2015, and is curated by Australian pop artist BEN FROST. www.benfrostisdead.com
POSTAL SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN
DEADLINE FOR POSTAL SUBMISSION HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO FRIDAY NOVEMBER 20TH
Please send your finished paste-ups to:
c/o aMBUSH Gallery,
Level 3, Central Park,
28 Broadway, Chippendale NSW 2008
Installation of the artwork for the event will take place from November 23 - 27th, with the opening on Friday the 27th.
YOU CAN PUT UP YOUR OWN WORK IF YOU ARE IN SYDNEY DURING THE INSTALLATION DATES. -
All glue and other materials will be provided on-site, so just bring your paste-ups if you are going to install yourself.
A few tips for your PM4 submissions:
- if youre posting stuff in, try to get your stuff in before, and no later than the deadline of Nov 15th.
- every body is welcome to submit - from anywhere around the world, and everyone's work will be put up in the show.
- if you are in Sydney and are available to come to the venue in the week before the opening - please do so
- the wall height is 3.4m. I'm happy to take large-scale works, but please keep in mind that all the work will be displayed/pasted to the walls in an overlayed 'collage' manner, so medium to smaller sized works often will give your artwork the best visual impact
- 80gsm (or thereabouts) is the best type of paper to use. The thicker it is, the harder it is to for the glue to get into the paper for application
- feel free to paint, draw, screenprint, photocopy your work - but everything must be on PAPER. Also ensure your'e using paint that won't run when it gets wet ie. india ink and gouache is BAD, but acrylic, screenprint ink, pencil, photocopy or aerosol etc is GOOD
We will be taking some digital files that can be printed locally in Sydney and installed on your behalf. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your digital submission: email@example.com